The Ali Mazrui Library was officially opened by His Excellency Robert F. Godec, the USA Ambassador to Kenya in honour of the late Prof. Ali Alamin Mazrui who passed away in October 2014. Prof. Mazrui is a local member of the Muslim and Mombasa community and MEWA is honoured to have the library renamed to this famous son of the Muslim community in particular and Mombasa and Kenyan community in general.
- Inculcate reading culture in the society.
- Increase the passion for reading, personal growth and learning.
- Expand access to information and ideas, English language learning resources.
- Conduct educational programs and promote interaction with US alumni and US government sponsored exchange programs.
- Expansion of the library and provision of free e-library resources.
- Establishments of public primary schools libraries within Mvita constituency.
- Outreach programs
- Children’s corner activities
- Free internet facilities
- Interschool competitions
- Workshops and trainings
- Open contact sessions