HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Lead the HR Strategy processes and delivery of HR services to ensure the Organizations Mission and Objectives are successfully achieved. In particular, bring the latest thinking in areas of recruitment, and selection; staff development and training; performance management; remuneration and reward; employee relations and internal communications.
Position reports to: HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATOR
Staff reporting to Job Holder: HR Officer
1) Human Resources Development
1. Evolve corporate Human Resource policies and procedures.
2. Create a climate conducive to a positive response from the members of the Institution.
3. Establish Employee Development Programmes.
4. Establish a pro-active work culture.
5. Create objective systems and procedures of Appraisals, Rewards & Punishments.
6. Facilitate periodic manpower Planning.
1. Generate policies and procedures for continuous identification of training needs of the staff.
2. Prepare training calendar for the organisation.
3. Organize appropriate training Programmes each year by engaging suitable departments and programs from within or from outside.
2) Industrial Relations:
1. Define company's Industrial Relations Policy.
2. Create credibility & culture of fairness and objectivity.
3. Build institutional and transactional relations at the collective levels.
4. Terms and conditions of employment at all level to be clearly set out including mutual obligations.
5. Coordinate welfare of employees
3) Personnel Administration:
1. Attendance and other time discipline areas to be streamlined.
2. Ensure Employee Records are kept upto date and current
3. Timely recruitment of vacant positions
4. All newly hired staff go through proper induction programs
5. Reference checking of all newly hired staff
6. Conduct documents verifications for newly hired staff
7. Coordinate confirmation of newly engaged staff after successful probation period
8. All disciplinary matters are handled in accordance to the laid down human resources policy
4) Legal Compliance
1. Ensure statutory compliance of the Employment legislation
2. Ensure compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
3. Ensure statutory compliance on the payroll
5) Compensation and Benefits
1. Operationalize Hospital Compensation Policy
2. Implement the Institutions grading structure
3. Ensure equity and fairness in compensation
1. Flexibility: Willingness to adapt is versatile and tolerant in changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
2. Ethical Behaviour: Understand and demonstrate ethical behaviour and business practices ensure that own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the code of conduct and values of the organisation.
3. Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
4. Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
5. Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organisation.
6. Serve: Lead by encouraging, listening and demonstrating humility in pursuit of the good of each staff member, client and partner.
7. Contributes to a learning environment : Demonstrates reflective practices, taking personal responsibility for learning needs and professional development .Actively promotes and engages with a culture of continuous improvements identifying opportunities, developing ideas with others and assisting with the implementation of change
8. Culturally aware :Respects differences in all its forms .Values and positively utilises diversity as a strength
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Strong communications skills to be able to handle staff in a multi-discipline environment
2. Demonstrated experience of sound industrial relations maintaining harmonious work environment.
3. Solid understanding of all HR facets and comfortable operating in a generalist role
1. A relevant completed tertiary qualification – preferred major in HR,
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager preferably in the hospitality industry
3. Registered with Institute of Human Resources Management (k)
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.